BluAct Technologies utilizes state-of-the-art nanotechnology to produce protein-based membranes. These membranes are expected to become a revolutionary method for the purification of water from heavy metals, radioactive materials, bacteria, and even most viruses. BluAct’s proprietary technology exploits the unique binding properties of proteins to adsorb, via metal-ligand binding interactions, any type of heavy metal in a non-selective process, and causes purification at an unprecedented level – from 99,50% to 99.9% efficiency.
BluAct produces ready-to-use membranes useful in:
– Process purification of potable water supplies.
– Purification and recovery of industrial and mining wastewater streams.
– Decontamination and purification of environmental water contaminated by heavy metals and nuclear waste to prepare it for use in agricultural irrigation.
– Decoloration, deodorization, or removal of other trace impurities from water for use in the pharmaceutical, food, and beverage industries.
– Reclaiming valuable metals from waste streams through chemical or thermal reduction of the filter membrane.